Here’s a fast and fun recipe idea that can go from your kitchen to right in front of the TV for game time in less than 10 minutes! It’s so fast that you can even make it during halftime and not miss any of the game! Fried Ravioli!
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk (If you’re out of milk, like for some reason I often am, you can skip the milk and just use the egg)
- 1 package of fresh or refrigerated (not frozen) ravioli. I use Buitoni Four Cheese Ravioli.
- Marinara sauce (for dipping)
- Italian Style Breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Crack one egg into a bowl and add a tablespoon of milk. Scramble up the egg and milk with a fork.
- Pour breadcrumbs into a separate bowl.
- Dip each ravioli into the egg/milk mixture and then coat each ravioli in the breadcrumbs.
- Set aside each of the coated raviolis onto another plate or cookie sheet until all raviolis are coated in breadcrumbs.
- Pour a small amount of vegetable oil into a frying pan to coat the bottom. Do not make it too deep, maybe about 1/4 inch.
- Turn up the heat on your stove to medium/high. Wait until the oil is really hot!
- Set raviolis into the frying pan and let fry for about three minutes on each side.
- Remove raviolis. You can set on a plate with a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Heat up marinara sauce over the stove or in the microwave (Note: If heating in the microwave, be sure to cover up or it will explode all over the place like mine did!)
- Serve the raviolis with the marinara sauce in a separate dish for dipping!
xoxo, Food Marriage