Every time I walk into the grocery store this time of year, the produce section is FILLED with bright and colorful squashes. There are so many of them overflowing their baskets, that I always feel compelled to buy them. Nature gives us these fresh ingredients each autumn, so we should use them!
- Acorn Squash
- Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Fill a 13×9 pan with about a half inch of water.
- Cut your acorn squash in half and scoop out the center part containing all of the seeds.
- Place each half of the squash face down in your pan of water.
- Bake in the 350° oven for about 40-45 minutes.
- To test if it is cooked thoroughly, insert a fork into the squash. If it goes in and comes out easily, it is ready for the next step.
- Take out of the oven and using the same pan with the water still in it, just turn over the squash so the center part is facing upwards.
- Cut a generous slice of butter and place in the center of each squash.
- Next, take a handful of brown sugar and sprinkle into the squash on top of the butter.
- Bake in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
xoxo, Food Marriage