This recipe comes to me from one of my bridesmaids from my wedding, Liz. It is yet another one of the fabulous recipes that I received for my bridal shower! Here’s a recipe for Baked Brie!
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans OR walnuts (I used walnuts this time)
- 1 small (8 oz) wheel of Brie cheese
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Defrost puff pastry sheet for about 20 minutes and unfold.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add brown sugar and nuts to your butter and saute for approximately 5 minutes.
- Gently roll pastry with a rolling pin to increase size
- Beat your eggs in a separate bowl. Brush both sides of the pastry sheet with the egg.
- Center the wheel of brie on top of the pastry sheet.
- Spread jam on top of Brie, then add the brown sugar/nut mixture.
- Bring all four corners of the pastry sheet together and twist slightly to form a “bundle.” Be gentle as you do this so you don’t tear the pastry sheet.
- Press down on pastry sheet so it stays together.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes; the pastry should be golden brown on top.
- Serve with crackers (and wine!!)
xoxo, Food Marriage