I got so much great feedback from my Acorn Squash recipe post, that I decided to post about another member of the squash family, Butternut Squash! If you never knew what to do with this funny shaped squash with an even funnier name, here is your chance to learn how to bake Butternut Squash in the oven and have delicious results!
- Butternut Squash
- Olive Oil
- Salt (I used Kosher Salt; it is coarser)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cut each end off the butternut squash.
- Peel the skin off the squash with a sharp paring knife or peeler.
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out all the seeds in the middle.
- Next, cut your squash into cubes.
- Place your cubes of squash into a separate bowl.
- Add in some olive oil and mix around until all squash is lightly coated.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Pour the squash onto the foil.
- Sprinkle some kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, and nutmeg onto your squash.
- I give it one last mix with all the spices and then be sure to spread the squash out flat on the pan, so it is not all bunched together and on top of each other.
- Bake in 350° for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!
xoxo, Food Marriage