First off, thank you to Aunt Sheila for giving us a Springform Pan!! I never thought to buy one before, and now I finally had a chance to use it!!
I’ve become slightly obsessed with the Hershey’s Classic Recipes Cookbook since the last recipe I made from it, the Brownie Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Chips. My husband and I went to my parents’ house yesterday for Sunday night dinner, and I decided I wanted to whip up some dessert to bring. So naturally I went straight to this cookbook again!
This time I chose the Fudge Truffle Cheesecake from the cookbook! I’ve never made any cheesecake before, so I was very happy with the results!! It did not in any way look as pretty as the picture in the cookbook. However, what it lacked in looks, it certainly made up for in flavor. It’s extremely rich and smooth chocolaty flavor just melted in my mouth!!
Here’s the recipe and some tips! It’s in two steps – one to make the crust, and one to make the actual cheesecake.
Ingredients for Crust:
- 1 and 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s Cocoa
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Chop up vanilla wafer cookies (I used my Cuisinart 4 cup food processor to chop it finely into crumbs). I’m sure you could also put your cookies into a plastic bag and crunch up.
- Measure 1 and 1/2 cups of vanilla wafer crumbs and pour into a bowl.
- Add in your powdered sugar and cocoa. Mix all ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, place 1/3 cup of butter in the microwave to melt.
- Once melted, add butter to the mixture and stir together.
- Press this mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Set aside for later.
- 1 (12oz) package of Hershey’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 (8oz) packages of cream cheese.
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (be sure NOT to get evaporated milk)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Leave cream cheese out of the refrigerator for a while before starting the recipe so it will soften.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Beat cream cheese in a mixer until fluffy
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Place chocolate chips in a bowl and then microwave on high for 1 and 1/2 minutes.
- Remove chocolate chips from microwave and stir.
- If needed, microwave at high for an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each time, just until chips are melted when stirred.
- Add the melted chips into the mixer with cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
- Continue beating and add in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix well. (Be sure to scrape the sides and the bottom of the bowl and continue to mix. Because the cream cheese was added first and is so think, it can stick to the bottom!)
- Pour your mixture into the pan with the already prepared crust.
- Bake for an hour and 5 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack.
- With a knife, loosen the cake from the side of the pan.
- Cool completely and then remove the side of the pan.
- Refrigerate several hours before serving.
- Keep stored in refrigerator.
xoxo, Food Marriage