My friend Allison is a fun girl, so I wouldn’t expect anything less than fun cookie ideas from her for our cookie exchange this past weekend. She decided to go with an ice cream theme! The first of her two recipes she made was for Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies – so creative!
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix (1 lb 1.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup of butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 6 to 8 drops of green food coloring
- 1 egg
- 1 cup creme de menthe baking chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, mint extract, food coloring, and egg until soft dough forms.
- Stir in creme de menthe chips and chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop dough two inches apart on an un-greased cookies sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes in 350° oven.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven and let cookies cool on the sheet for about 2 minutes before removing. Allow to fully cool on wire racks.
xoxo, Food Marriage