Jessica was one of the bridesmaids in my wedding. She, like myself, is a cookie lover too!! For our cookie exchange, she chose a Peanut Butter Theme and made two different kinds of cookies filled with peanut buttery goodness! Here is her first recipe: Peanut Butter Middles!
|Jessica’s Peanut Butter Middles|
- 1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Additional 3/4 cup peanut butter
- Cookie Dough:
- In a small bowl, blend flour cocoa and baking soda. Mix until well blended.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugars, butter and 1/4 cup peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg and beat well.
- Stir in flour mixture until well blended and then set aside.
- Filling: Combine confectioner’s sugar and 3/4 cup peanut butter. Blend well. Roll filling into 1 inch balls.
- Put it Together!
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Take your 1 inch balls of filling. With floured hands, shape about 1 tablespoon of dough around each 1 inch ball of filling. Be sure to cover it completely.
- Place each cookie about 2 inches apart on an un-greased cookie sheet and then flatten each with the bottom of a glass or a fork.
- Bake in 375° oven for 7-9 minutes. When they are done, the tops should crack a little bit.
xoxo, Food Marriage