Joelle is one of my married friends. She got married about a year before I did and everything was absolutely beautiful. She can definitely relate to me in the sense that we are both married, both have busy work lives, and when it comes to the kitchen, we want it to be quick, easy and stress free!
Joelle’s recipe from the cookie exchange was for easy, delicious, and classic Snickerdoodles!
- 2 and 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Mix flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Beat 1 and 1/2 cups of the sugar, butter and shortening in a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture to coat and place two inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheets for one minute and then remove and place on wire racks.
xoxo, Food Marriage