Because we were without an oven for a while since our old one died, my husband and I have turned to our grill more for cooking! I found an awesome insert in Food Network Magazine that highlighted 50 different recipes for things to grill in foil. We tried three of the different recipes. Two were not that good, but one was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!
Since making this delicious side of Zucchini and Tomatoes with Garlic and Basil, sadly I have lost the insert with all of the different recipes. But this one is so easy, I can remember it off the top of my head. It was so easy that anyone can make it!
- 2 sliced zucchini
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 4 smashed garlic cloves (I put each clove through a garlic press)
- Olive Oil
- Basil, salt, and pepper
- Mix your sliced zucchini, sliced tomatoes, and garlic in a bowl.
- Add in freshly cut basil. (I have a basil plant on my back porch, so I picked off about 10 leaves and then thinly sliced it. I love basil…you can never have too much basil!)
- Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with just a bit of olive oil, so everything is lightly coated.
- Pull out a large sheet of foil and pour your ingredients into the center of the foil.
- Pull up the sides of the foil and create a pouch. Be sure all ends are completely folded in so everything is sealed.
- Grill on high heat for about 10 – 15 minutes.
What you will end up with is tender zucchini in a fabulous basil and garlic tomato sauce! I was absolutely surprised by this. I didn’t realize that the diced tomatoes would cook down into a sauce and mix with the basil and garlic for a unique and fresh flavor. My husband does not even like tomatoes and he loved this! We felt like we were eating at a fancy restaurant and we were just on our back porch!!
If you liked this recipe for grilling in foil, you might also like my recipe for Roasted Red Potatoes which are made in a foil pouch and can be made in the oven or tossed on the grill. Check it out here!
xoxo, Food Marriage