Nothing says “Game Day” like Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches, warm in the Crock Pot all day long. This is quick to make and is really easy to change the recipe based on how many people you are cooking for!
If you are cooking for two people, you probably only need one pound of meat, unless you want leftovers. I decided to make about two pounds of meat, so we could enjoy the sandwiches the following night for dinner, too! When I buy my roast beef, I just to go up to the deli counter and get lunchmeat sliced roast beef. You should get an option of rare or well-done….go with the rare meat, because it will be cooking more in your crock pot.
The rule of thumb for this recipe is for every one pound of meat, you will use one can of au jus and one can of beef gravy. I use the smaller cans that are about 10.5 ounces or so. My recipe below is for two pounds…enjoy!
- 2 pounds rare roast beef, sliced thin
- 2 (10.5 oz) cans of au jus
- 2 (10.5 oz) cans of beef gravy
- Kaiser Rolls
- Pour both cans of au just and both cans of beef gravy into your crock pot. Stir well so they mix together well.
- Piece by piece, add in your roast beef. (Don’t just drop all in one clump!! You want it separated so it can soak in the juices and be easy to pull out for your sandwiches).
- Put the lid on your crock pot and heat on high for about an hour.
- Once it has cooked for an hour, you can leave it on the warming setting all day and grab a sandwich anytime you want!
- Put your meat onto Kaiser rolls and enjoy with the Football Game (or in today’s case, the Ryder Cup, too!)
xoxo, Food Marriage