First, I would like to report that we are safe and sound after Hurricane Sandy came through last night. We had some high winds and a couple trees down, but we weathered the storm just fine. Pat and I are keeping all of the affected families in our thoughts and prayers.
- 9 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 bag (10.5 oz) Mini Marshmallows
- Candy Melts (you can buy them in different colors or you can just use food coloring to dye white ones)
- Food Coloring
- Grease the bottom of a 13×9 pan with butter and set aside.
- Place 1/4 cup butter in a pan on the stove.
- Turn burner on low.
- Melt the butter completely and then add in your entire bag of marshmallows.
- Keep on low heat and stir continuously until all marshmallows are smooth and melted.
- Add in food coloring at this point to dye your melted marshmallows orange.
- Next mix in 9 cups of Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into the 13×9 pan.
- Let cool completely and then cut into small rectangles.
- Melt your candy melts according to the directions on the packaging.
- Paint the tops of each krispie treat completely with orange candy melt. Let cool and then add a thicker stripe of yellow on the bottom and then a small bit of white on the top.
- Let the candy melts harden completely before stacking or storing.
ONE Year Ago: Game Day Recipe: Chunky Chicken Crock Pot Soup
xoxo, Food Marriage