Wow! The grocery store was a madhouse tonight. I had to pick up just a couple of things and of course it was packed with everyone getting their last minute Thanksgiving necessities. I’m in charge of dessert for the holiday this year. Before I start baking, I thought I’d make a quick and easy meal…something that will be nothing like all of the delicious food we will be having on Thursday!
Tonight for dinner, I made a classic meal of Hot Dogs and Baked Beans. This recipe is something that has been passed down in my family and is a sweet one with brown sugar and pineapple added in. It takes boring baked beans to exciting! I also wrote up the recipe to be a reasonable portion size for two people. Enjoy!
Recipe: Hot Dogs and Baked Beans for Two
- 1 can (28oz) Bush’s “Original Style” Baked Beans
- 4 oz Crushed Pineapple
- 3 hot dogs (I use Oscar Mayer Beef Franks)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Drain the excess liquid from the baked beans can. (If the baked beans come with a chunk of bacon or something like that, remove that too)
- Pour your baked beans into a pot on the stove.
- Add in 4 ounces of crushed pineapple. You can add in the pineapple juice that the fruit is packed in too. (The crushed pineapple is usually sold in 8oz or larger, so if you can only find an 8oz can, just use about half of the can).
- Cut up three hot dogs and add to the pot.
- Stir in three tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Heat over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from heat and let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
ONE Year Ago: Game Day Appetizer Recipe: Filet Wrapped in Bacon
xoxo, Food Marriage