Today at work we had a potluck lunch and a White Elephant Gift Exchange! Since this potluck was tied in with this fun holiday gift gift-giving event, I decided to make and bring something that would fit in perfect for the holidays: Peppermint Bark!
- 16 ounces white chocolate (I used Ghiradelli’s white baking chocolate, which can be found in the baking aisle, instead of the candy aisle. It is very easy to melt!)
- A total of 11 candy canes.
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure peppermint extract.
- Line a baking sheet with was paper and set aside for later.
- Place 9 of your candy canes in a plastic zipper bag and crush your candy canes. (I use a hammer to crush the candy canes. I recommend double bagging before you crush, because the sharp pieces can puncture the bag and cause peppermint dust to go all over your counter!)
- Place 2 candy canes in a different zipper bag and crush them as well. Keep these separate because they will later be sprinkled on the top!
- Place your white chocolate into a double boiler over the stove and stir continuously until thoroughly melted.
- Add in your peppermint extract and continue stirring.
- Stir in your 9 crushed candy canes.
- Once well mixed, pour your mixture onto the wax paper and spread out evenly over the entire baking sheet, using a spatula.
- Sprinkle your remaining 2 crushed candy canes over the top for a fun look and texture.
- Place your baking sheet into the refrigerator to cool and harden. Leave in the refrigerator for 1 – 2 hours.
- Remove your sheet from the refrigerator and break you bark into pieces.
xoxo, Food Marriage