Here’s another great gift in a jar idea!! This one is not as Christmas-focused as the Reindeer Trail Mix Cookies in a Jar, but could be a great gift for any time of the year….especially in this FREEZING cold weather! Yesterday, here in the Philadelphia area, the news was saying that with the wind chill it feels like 1 degree outside!! Yikes!!!!
Keep this idea for Valentine’s Day, for any January and February birthdays, or a “Just Because” gift for someone you love! Here’s an easy, fun way to give the gift of warmth and flavor with Hot Cocoa Mix in a Jar!
PART ONE: YOU MAKE THE JAR & ADD THE INGREDIENTS
- 1 quart-sized glass mason jar.
- Hershey’s Natural Unsweetened Cocoa
- Fill the mason jar completely with the Hershey’s Cocoa
- Seal the jar, decorate with fabric or ribbon and tie on your recipe.
This was so simple, I just took the recipe off the side of the cocoa box, re-typed it and printed out a recipe! There were several recipes; I took the one for a quick and easy single-serving of microwavable hot cocoa.
PART TWO: THE RECIPE THAT YOU WILL TYPE UP AND ATTACH TO THE JAR
- 2 tablespoons of this cocoa in a jar PLUS 2 tablespoons sugar, a dash of salt, 1 cup milk and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of this cocoa along with the sugar and salt in a large mug.
- Heat milk in the microwave on high for 1 and a half minutes.
- Gradually add the milk to your cocoa mixture and stir well.
- Next, stir in your vanilla and enjoy!