My younger brother is away at college and requested a breakfast recipe on the blog. He was tired of plain old scrambled eggs, so was looking for a creative breakfast that is also easy to make. Here’s what I came up with for him – Baked Cinnamon French Toast Sticks!
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray (I used PAM)
- 6 slices of thickly sliced bread (I chose Texas Toast style sliced bread)
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Spray a cookie sheet with a non-stick cooking spray. (Make sure you do this step! If you do not, the bread will definitely stick to the pan!! I learned this the hard way!)
- Cut each of your slices of bread into three pieces.
- Mix your eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Beat with a fork until blended well.
- Dip each piece of bread into the mixture until fully coated on all sides.
- Place each piece of bread onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for a total of 14 minutes (7 minutes on one side, the flip over and cook on the other side for 7 minutes).
- Remove from oven and enjoy! These french toast sticks are great for dipping in your favorite syrup!!!