Happy New Year to all of my blog followers!! 2011 was a great year – I got married AND started the Food Marriage Blog!
Here’s a recipe that we had over the holidays, but it can be served to toast to any special occasion! Keep this recipe handy for all of the exciting things that are about to happen in 2012!!
Here is how to Make a Strawberry Bellini…
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 quarts strawberries
- Mix 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar in a small saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer on low heat until it becomes clear. (Stir occasionally throughout this process). This becomes what is called a “simple syrup.”
- Place your two quarts strawberries into a separate pan (cut off the tops and you can cut them into smaller pieces). Add about a quarter cup of water.
- Simmer the strawberries on low until they become softer and able to be mashed. Using a potato masher or a fork, mash up the strawberries.
- Next, add your simple syrup mixture into the strawberries and stir together. Pour into a container or small pitcher. (A carafe will look fancy too!)
- Pour about an ounce of the strawberry syrup mixture into the bottom of champagne glasses.
- Top with champagne and enjoy!!