This recipe for Fried Brussels Sprouts with Bacon is packed with flavor! The sprouts are fried in bacon grease, then topped with bacon bits. They make a great side for dinner, but you might find they are so good that you want to eat them for breakfast, too!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission if you choose to purchase through these links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy.
Brussels Sprouts can be an acquired taste. Many kids hate them; many moms want to serve them being well aware of their health benefits. My recipe for Fried Brussels Sprouts with Bacon is a game changer! Cooking these veggies in bacon grease may not be the healthiest option, but it is sure one of the tastiest! You may even find yourself wanting to eat them for breakfast instead of as a side with your dinner.
Why we love Fried Brussels Sprouts
- Brussels Sprouts are high in fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Plain Brussels Sprouts can be boring. Frying them in bacon grease gives them lots of extra flavor!
To make this Fried Brussels Sprouts recipe you only need three ingredients:
- Brussels Sprouts
- Parmesan Cheese
Some kitchen tools you might find handy to make this recipe include:
Yes! Any kind of bacon will work with this recipe.
Yes! While this recipe calls for 4 pieces of bacon to be cooked to crumble on top, you can cook the Brussels Sprouts in any amount of the bacon grease. You can fry your Brussels sprouts in the grease from the 4 pieces of bacon. Or if you are cooking a whole pack of bacon for breakfast or to have on hand for the week, you can fry your Brussels Sprouts in that grease. Just a word of caution – the more grease you have, the more splatter you may have.
Absolutely. If frying in the bacon grease isn’t your thing, you can put a couple tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and fry your Brussels Sprouts in that oil. You may not have the bacon flavor infused, but you can still sprinkle bacon bits on top when you are done.
Other Bacon Recipes
If you love bacon and want other ideas of what to cook with bacon, take a look at these recipes:
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Cut Brussels Sprouts in half and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Wait until pan is hot and then fry four pieces of bacon until crispy (you will want to flip the bacon over from time to time to cook evenly)
- Remove bacon with tongs and set on top of a plate lined with a paper towel to soak up excess grease.
- Keeping pan on medium heat, add Brussels Sprouts to the same pan and fry in the bacon grease for about 6 to 7 minutes or until they are tender (you can test by sticking a fork into the middle of a sprout; if it is soft and comes out easily, they are done).
- Remove Brussels Sprouts from pan with tongs and also place on a tray or plate lined with paper towls to soak up excess grease.
- Transfer Brussels Sprouts to a bowl.
- Either chop bacon with a knife or crumble into pieces with your hands. Sprinkle bacon on top of Brussels Sprouts.
- Grate about a tablespoon of parmesan cheese over the top of your Brussels sprouts.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! -- BA Haggerty