If you like cheese like me, you will love this appetizer recipe for a cheese spread! It is made with cheddar and swiss cheeses along with pimentos. You can serve it with chunks of bread for dipping or to spread on crackers!
Also, if you’ve been reading the blog, the ingredients may look familiar to another recipe on the Food Marriage Blog: my Checkerboard Cheese Sandwiches. That’s because the recipe is exactly the same, only this time I’m using it as a cheese spread!
- 1 (10 oz) block of of extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 oz) block of swiss cheese
- 1 and 1/4 cups of mayonnaise
- 1 (4 oz) jar of diced pimento
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Grate both blocks of cheese.
- Drain your pimentos.
- Mix together your grated cheese, drained diced pimentos, mayonnaise, onion flakes, and pepper.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight before serving the next day so the flavors can mix and blend well together.
- Serve with crackers or your favorite bread for dipping!