My husband is Irish and is clearly a meat and potatoes kind of guy. He likes any type of potatoes cooked almost any way. So last night I decided to make a side dish of mashed potatoes with our dinner.
If you like your potatoes creamy, adding milk is the trick! The more milk you add, the creamier they will be. Here’s my recipe for creamy, delicious, melt in your mouth mashed potatoes!!
- 6 small to medium sized Russett Potatoes
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Jane’s Krazy Mixed up Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Wash and peel your potatoes.
- Once potatoes are peeled, cut into cubes.
- Add potatoes into a large pot of water.
- Turn pot on high and bring to a boil. Continue boiling until potatoes are tender (You can check this with a fork – if the fork goes in and out easily or the potatoes are starting to fall apart, they are ready)
- Drain the potatoes and add them into a large mixer bowl.
- While the potatoes are still steaming hot, add in 5 tablespoons of butter (either add in already softened butter or let the butter melt a bit before turning on your mixer. If the butter is too hard, it may shoot out of the mixer, like I had happen to me one time!!)
- Once the potatoes start getting mashed, add in 3/4 cup of milk. Continue beating.
- Add in your salt and pepper and continue beating.
- Once the potatoes are at a smooth consistency, turn off your mixer, transfer to a serving bowl and they are ready to eat!!