I always tend to overbuy ingredients. The other day, when I made my Mexican Layer Dip, I bought way too much Nacho/Taco blended cheese. So today I decided to use it up by making Quesadillas!
This is a really easy recipe and if you’ve never made them before you’ll love them as a new idea for a snack or dinner!
- Mexican Blend Cheese
- Chicken (You can use chicken you already have on hand OR you can buy pre-cooked chicken. I use the Perdue Short Cuts that are already fully cooked and cut into strips)
- Salsa or Sour Cream
- Get your chicken out of the refrigerator.
- If you have the pre-cooked strips, cut into small pieces.
- Microwave the chicken for about 45 seconds to heat up a bit (otherwise it may not heat up enough in the quesadilla since it was cold in the fridge).
- Turn your stove onto medium heat.
- Put a little butter into a frying pan until it is melted.
- Place your tortilla flat into the frying pan.
- Cover the entire surface of the quesadilla with a generous amount of cheese.
- Add your cut chicken onto the quesadilla (I like my quesadillas thick so I add a lot of chicken)
- Sprinkle a little more cheese on top of your chicken.
- Once you notice the cheese starting to melt, fold your quesadilla over in half.
- Continue cooking on each side until outside of tortilla is golden-brown and a little crunchy.
- Remove from the pan. I like to use a pizza cutter to cut it into two pieces.
- Serve with salsa and/or sour cream.