Janell and I have been friends since Kindergarten. I sat next to her on the bus on the first day of school 23 years ago. The reason I chose to sit next to her? She was wearing the prettiest shiny red shoes and I thought she was cool. Simple decisions kindergarteners make – but that small decision lead us to be friends for the rest of our lives since then!!
Janell has a son, Jayden, who is almost 3 years old! Her choice for the cookie exchange is something that is very appealing not only to young children, but also to adults. Her recipe for Chocolate Marshmallow Brownie Cookies was voted the best of the night!!!!!!!!
Recipe: Chocolate Marshmallow Brownie Cookies
This recipe has two parts: one for the cookies and one for the yummy frosting!
This recipe will also yield about 3 dozen cookies.
Ingredients for the Cookies:
- 1 milk chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
Directions for Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix your cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil together.
- Roll the dough into 1 – 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Place balls onto the cookie sheet and bake for about 5-6 minutes.
- Pull the cookie sheet right out of the oven and place about 6 or 7 mini marshmallows on the tops of each of the cookies. Put the cookie sheet back into the oven for about 2 more minutes with the marshmallows.
- Let the cookies cool on the sheet for a couple minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled completely, you can add the frosting!
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons cocoa
- 2 to 3 cups powdered sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a mixer and then use to frost the tops of your cookies. YUM!
|Me & Janell|