You already had a chance last week to see the first of my friend Jessica’s fabulous cookie recipes for Peanut Butter Middles. Here’s the second of her scrumptious recipes using peanut butter. This cookie recipe is for Peanut Butter Temptations, complete with a miniature peanut butter cup in the middle of each one! This recipe will make about 3 and a half dozen cookies.
|Jessica’s Peanut Butter Temptations|
- About 40 mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Remove wrappers from all of the peanut butter cup candies.
- Line small muffin cups (1 and 3/4 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, egg and vanilla until fluffy.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl and then slowly add to the butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Shape dough into one-inch balls.
- Place each ball into each muffin cup (do not flatten!)
- Bake 10-12 minutes until puffed and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and IMMEDIATELY press a peanut butter cup into the middle of each cookie.
- Keep cookies in the muffin pan until completely cooled, then remove and enjoy!