My friend Joelle’s contribution to the Cookie Exchange this year comes with a little surprise. Her cookies may look like just your average chocolate chip cookie on the outside, but bite into one and you will find a mini Oreo cookie stuffed inside!!! How appropriate that she would make this type of cookie this year…she has her own little surprise inside!!! She is pregnant and we all can’t wait for that little one to get here!!
Recipe: Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe will yield about 5-6 dozen cookies.
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10oz bag of chocolate chips
- 1 bag of mini Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix butter and sugars until well combined
- Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Slowly add the flour/salt/baking soda mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips until mixed well.
- Using a melon baller or a teaspoon, take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of the mini Oreo and then one scoop on the bottom.
- Seal the edges of the cookie dough together with your fingers until the Oreo is sealed with dough.
- Place onto parchment paper and bake the cookies for about 8 – 10 minutes in the 350° oven.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack to completely cool.
Joelle’s Cookie Recipe from Last Year: Snickerdoodles