My husband, Pat, is worried that I’m overloading Food Marriage with too many cookie recipes! He thinks I haven’t had enough diversity in the food lately. I told him, “No way!! You can never have too many cookies!!!” Plus, I promised all my friends I would feature their recipes here after the cookie exchange! But don’t worry – one of our goals this year is to try to eat healthier, so you can expect to see some good meals coming soon.
And with that, back to the cookies!! Natalia is the most recently married of our friends. This unique and easy recipe for Potato Chip Cookies was actually passed to her through one of her other friends at her bridal shower. It is perfect for when you are looking for something not as sweet as the typical cookie and are want more of a salty treat!
Recipe: Potato Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup crumbled potato chips
- Granulated sugar (for sprinkling)
- Leave butter out to soften to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixer bowl.
- Drop cookies by teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the tops with sugar.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for about two minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.