So you buy a product and there’s a recipe stamped on the packaging. You open up the product, use it for what you need, and throw away the packaging. Stop right there!! Don’t underestimate the the power of the recipes that are printed on different products. They can be quite delicious!
The reason I bring this up is because my entire life growing up, when baking chocolate chip cookies, I have never used anything other than the Original NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe. This recipe is printed on the back of every bag of Nestle Semi-Sweet Morsels Chocolate Chips. And why look anywhere else if you have a perfectly good recipe in front of you? The only thing I change is to take the nuts out of the recipe and everything else stays the same!
- 2 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (one 12 oz. package) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoon-sized amount onto un-greased baking sheets. (I actually use a cookie scoop, that looks like a mini ice cream scoop….makes it SO much easier to drop onto the sheets. I also recommend using Air Bake insulated cookie sheets for optimal baking!)
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for two minutes before removing and placing on wire racks to cool.