These Pumpkin Coconut Macaroons are the perfect cookie to add to your fall baking list. Every bite of these cookies is a a sweet, gooey pumpkin treat!
The idea for my recipe came from an Ina Garten themed dinner party I threw for my mom in the past. That night, I made the most delicious coconut macaroons from Ina Garten’s cookbook – Barefoot Contessa Family Style. I decided to revisit this cookbook to add my own fall twist on these classic cookies. And they came out delicious!
However, when I stored them in an airtight container for another day, they got very sticky. (I didn’t mind the sticky because they tasted so good, but they were a little messy). Any suggestions on how to make them not as sticky are greatly appreciated!
- 14 oz shredded coconut
- 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix the coconut, pumpkin, condensed milk, salt, and pumpkin pie spice together.
- Whip the egg whites in a mixer with the whisk attachment for about 2 minutes.
- Fold the egg whites into the rest of the mixture.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop the cookies onto the parchment paper.
- Bake in 350° oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove and cool on wire racks.