In giving my cookbook review yesterday, as I was flipping through the Hershey’s Classic Recipes Cookbook, I couldn’t stop staring at their recipe and picture of Brownie Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Chips, or as they called “P.B. Chips Brownie Cups.” This was from the “Irresistible Brownies” section of the book.
My cupcakes turned out looking absolutely heavenly with their crackled tops and peanut butter chips. Here’s the recipe…it’s definitely worth sharing!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup Hershey’s Cocoa
- 1 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 oz) bag of Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Using a muffin pan, place 18 cupcake liners in the pan.
- Place your butter into a bowl and microwave on high for about a minute and a half until completely melted.
- Pour butter into mixer bowl and stir in the sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add the cocoa and mix until well blended.
- Next, add in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in 1 and 1/3 cups of the peanut butter chips (save the remaining 1/3 cup for later).
- Scoop your batter evenly into each of the 18 cupcake liners.
- Sprinkle your remaining 1/3 cup peanut butter chips on the tops of each of the cupcakes.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave in the muffin pan until completely cooled.