Here’s another one of the cookies that I made for my cookie exchange. This is a recipe that has been in my family for years. The cookies are called Crescent Cookies because of their shape. It is one of my favorite cookie recipes and a staple in Christmas Cookie baking every year!
|My Crescent Cookies|
- 1/2 pound butter (2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Crush pecans (I put them in a plastic bag and then crushed them with a rolling pin)
- Cream butter in a mixer.
- Work in powdered sugar until well blended.
- Add vanilla, nuts, and flour.
- Shape small pieces of dough into a crescent shape.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Bake in 350° oven for 20 minutes.
- When you take them out of the oven, let them sit for about a minute.
- Next, remove them from the baking sheet and carefully roll each cookie into powdered sugar to form a coating.