What’s better than Rice Krispie treats!? Fruity Pebbles Krispie Treats!! I got this idea while reading another food blogger’s site: Cookin’ Cowgirl. She made these up for Valentine’s Day and cut them out with heart-shaped cookie cutters….so cute! Thanks for the great idea!
Here’s my adaptation of the recipe. I made it so easy, you don’t even have to pull out the measuring cups!
- 1 bag (10.5 oz) Mini Marshmallows (be sure to get the mini’s – they melt easier than the regular-sized marshmallows)
- 1 box (11 oz) Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- 1/4 cup butter
- Grease the bottom of a 13×9 pan with butter and set aside.
- Place 1/4 cup of butter into a pot on the stove.
- Turn the burner on low.
- Melt the butter completely and then add in your entire bag of marshmallows.
- Staying at low heat, stir continuously until all marshmallows are smooth and melted.
- Add in the entire box of Fruity Pebbles and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into your 13×9 pan. Spread evenly and flatten with a spatula.
- Cool completely and then cut into squares.