Happy Super Bowl Day! My favorite thing about the Super Bowl is not the game, the players, or even the commercials. The best part for me is getting together with friends, having a fun time, and of course, eating!!! No party is complete without the staple of a pasta salad!! So for the party that we are going to later today, I decided to make a Greek Pasta Salad! (I’m hoping to also still have time to make a different version of my Pepperoni Rolls, but we’ll see how that goes).
Here’s my recipe for Greek Pasta Salad. I made it up myself, and it is delicious! My recommendation is to make it the night before you plan on serving, so the dressing can really soak in.
- 1 box (13.5 oz) Mini Penne
- 1 large cucumber
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 12 large slices of sandwich-size pepperoni (I just used this kind because I had it leftover from my pepperoni rolls. If you have small pepperoni, just add more)
- 1 block (.5 pound) of Feta Cheese – I chose a basil/tomato feta cheese
- 1 (16 oz) bottle Greek Salad Dressing – I chose Gazebo Room brand Greek Dressing
- Boil your entire box of pasta and then drain. Run cold water over the noodles to cool off.
- Dump all noodles into a large mixing bowl and then add in the entire bottle of greek dressing. (It may look like a lot of extra liquid, but don’t worry – the noodles will soak it all up).
- Peel your cucumber and cut off the ends. Next, cut it in half and scoop out all the seeds.
- Dice your cucumber into very small cubes.
- Cut the ends off your tomatoes and cut in half. Scoop out all the seeds on the interior of the tomatoes.
- Dice your tomatoes into small cubes.
- Next, cut your feta cheese into small cubes as well.
- Keeping your pepperoni stacked (it’s easier to cut this way), cut into many smaller pieces and then separate all the pieces.
- Toss the cucumbers, tomatoes, pepperoni, and feta cheese into the pasta salad and mix well.
- Cover and store overnight in the refrigerator. Stir again in the morning and also again before serving.
xoxo, Food Marriage