So there’s definitely days that I “cheat” a little in the kitchen. I mean, seriously, when you’re working full time and have a long commute on top of that, who has the time to make an entire meal from scratch every single night? There’s nothing wrong with grabbing a frozen lasagna from the freezer section of your grocery store and baking it in the oven!!
That’s exactly what I did this week – I bought a frozen Stouffer’s meat lasagna for dinner. Then, to make it feel a little more homey and personal, I decided to make some homemade garlic bread to go with it!! It still makes you feel like you are putting in some effort in the kitchen and you get a delicious result!
Here’s my recipe for how to make homemade garlic bread…
- 4 slices of thickly sliced bread
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
|Our table the night we had the lasagna & garlic bread.
Notice the extra utensil next to my husband’s plate…
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Let your 1/2 stick butter sit out to get soft OR put in a bowl in the microwave for about 15 seconds (this will be long enough to soften it, but will not liquefy it)
- Add your parsley flakes and garlic powder to the butter and mix together with a spoon until blended well.
- Use your newly made spread to butter both sides of each piece of bread.
- Place bread onto a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake in the 350° for 4 minutes on one side, then flip your bread over and bake for an additional 4 minutes on the other side.
- Enjoy your golden-brown, delicious & homemade garlic bread!!
PS. My husband loved this garlic bread. If you remember, he is a picky eater, which means this was a GREAT recipe!!
xoxo, Food Marriage