As much as I would like to take credit for this idea, I have to be honest. I saw it on a commercial for Campbell’s Chunky Soup. You know…the type of commercial where the whole family sits down to dinner and everyone is all smiles and loves whatever the mom puts in front of them. Usually, I don’t pay any attention to commercials, but this one came with an incredible idea!!
- Peel three potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Place potatoes in boiling water until thoroughly cooked (insert a fork – if it comes out easily, they are done).
- Put your potatoes in a mixer, add a little butter and milk to achieve desired creaminess. Add in some salt here if you would like.
- Heat your soup over the stove or in the microwave.
- Scoop a large heap of mashed potatoes onto your plate and then top with the soup.