I am so proud of myself for cooking with beer for the first time!! It was really fun and I got to drink the leftover beer while I was cooking! I decided to start out with a dip (which isn’t really cooking or baking….more of mixing) and it turned out INCREDIBLE! Here’s my adaptation of a Hidden Valley® recipe for Beer Cheese Dip! It wasn’t too cheesy – it actually reminded me more of like a ranch dressing dip but ended up having some really unique flavoring with the beer.
It’s really fast and easy – just make sure to leave your cream cheese out for a while before you start or it will be hard to mix.
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 oz) package of softened cream cheese
- 1/2 of a 1 oz packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dips Mix
- 1/2 cup of lager beer (I chose Yuengling Lager)….I KNOW, I didn’t use a traditional Irish Beer, but the place I stopped at to pick up a six-pack had a very small selection.
- Combine your cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and half packet of Ranch Dip Mix in a bowl.
- Gradually stir in the beer a little at a time until it reaches a good consistency.
- Once mixed thoroughly, cover and put in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
- Give your dip another quick stir before serving.
Serve with pretzels or anything else of your choice (vegetables, chips, etc). It doesn’t hurt to sever with a beer on the side as well! Cheers!