Tired of the same old thing for lunch? Don’t want a boring ham and cheese sandwich? Here’s a fun way to twist it up! Try a Ham and Cheese Pretzel Melt baked to perfection in the oven!
- Box of frozen pretzels (I bought Super Pretzel Brand)
- Ham (I used Virginia Baked Ham lunchmeat from the deli at my grocery store)
- Cheese of your choice
- Place frozen pretzel into the microwave. Microwave on high for 20 seconds (this will be enough to de-thaw the pretzel but not to heat it up completely).
- Pre-heat oven to 400°
- Using a knife, carefully slice the pretzel in half, separating the top of the pretzel from the bottom of the pretzel.
- Place the bottom part of of the pretzel onto a baking sheet.
- Layer a few slices of ham onto the pretzel.
- Add a slice of your favorite cheese on top of the ham. (I used swiss cheese; my husband had American!)
- Close your sandwich with the top of the pretzel and then add any pretzel salt if desired.
- Bake in 400° oven for about 9 minutes.
- Remove your pretzel melt from the oven and enjoy!